The restriction on account of outbreak of Covid – 19 authorities around the world have imposed travel restrictions, The Best Immigration Consultants in Dubai and Abu Dhabi had compiled the most updated travel advisories with regard to the entry bans. Globally, efforts have focused on taking measures to contain the outbreak and prevent further spread.
Covid19 is a health threat evolving daily. Canadian Government has imposed travel restrictions or ban to Control and terminates most non-crucial (non-mandatory) travel to Canada. The risk varies between and within the communities but considering given number of cases the risk to Canadians is high.
To defence the residents of Canada from Covid-19, the travel curtailment imposed has been extended by the Prime Minister until further notice. Most foreign nationals are restriction from travelling to Canada, despite being holders of valid Visa or electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) says Canada visa experts. On the second week of August, Canada issued a new commission announcing its travel restriction will be extended till August 31st. In March middle the order of council was announced till June 30th which was later extended till July end 2020.
How Corona Virus is affecting IRCC?
The outbreak of Corona Virus Disease is dangerously affecting the immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport Applicants. Health Authorities has already issued guidance and restrictions to fight back the pandemic.
People who are eligible to enter Canada
You are eligible to enter Canada if you’re a:-
• Canadian Citizen
• Duel Canadian Citizen With a Valid Canadian passport or special authorization
• Permanent resident of Canada.
• Person Registered under Canada’s Indian Act.
• Protected person.
Eligibility of Foreign Nationals
Foreign nationals including US Citizens are allowed to enter Canada if they are eligible only. To be eligible to travel Canada one must meet with the following:-
• An immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. -
• All other foreign nationals – You must be either travelling for an essential or non-discretionary purpose or travelling directly form US.
• Exempt form travel Restrictions :-
1. Temporary foreign Workers.
2. Some international Students
3. Immediate family members with written authorization from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to reunite with a temporary resident of Canada.
4. People who have been approved to become a permanent resident of Canada, but who are not yet permanent residents.
5. Transiting passengers
6. Accredited diplomats and their immediate family members.
7. Air and marine crew members.
8. French citizens who live in Saint-Pierre and Miquelon and have been in only Canada.
9. Person who does not pose a significant harm to public health, in the opinion of the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada, and who will provide an essential service while in Canada.
10. Person whose presence in Canada is in the national interest, in the opinion of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship; Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness; or Minister of Foreign Affairs.
11. Person who is coming at the invitation of the Minister of Health for the purpose of COVID-19 assistance.
12. Any person whose purpose is to make medical deliveries.
Public Health measures for travellers
If you are travelling by Air you must
• Overcome health check conducted by airlines before you will be allowed on board.
• Wear mask or face covering during travel including the place you will quarantine.
Arrival in Canada
Those who arrive at Canada by air or land must abide with the following:
• Update he basic information via filling the traveller contact information form. (the ArriveCan mobile app or accessible on web or paper form)
• Undergo screening by a border Service officer or quarantine office to check the symptoms.
Mandatory Quarantine Plan.
Before you exit the POE there will be an assessment to check the symptoms, irrespective of your mode of travel (via Sea, Air or Land). None of the foreign nationals are allowed to enter Canada with Covid-19 symptoms.
When you visit Canada you must definitely have quarantine plan of 14 days including:-
• A place to stay
• A plan to - get reach destination, get your groceries, access essential services and medical care.
And the above plan stands mandatory even if you have no symptoms of Corona Virus otherwise the border services officer may deny your entry permit to Canada so before you plan for Canada entry it is always advisable to seek advice from Canada visa expert - Canada expert immigration Consultants in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Only the essential service providers who need to cross the border frequently are exempted from quarantine.
The penalties for not complying with the quarantine restriction once you entered the county may include: -
• a fine of up to $750,000
• 6 months of jail time
• Being found inadmissible, removed from Canada and banned from entering for 1 year.
Unless exempted the boaters cannot enter the Canadian waters (territorial sea or internal waters or boundary waters) because of discretionary reasons. The CBSA has temporarily cancelled or reduced service at small vessel reporting sites, small airports of entry, ferry terminals and to the Remote Area Border Crossing program
Canadian Immigration system –Updates
Information is provided for guidance only. Kindly check official sources and your origin country’s travel restrictions before booking or travelling.